Wednesday 14 May 2014

THANK YOU FOR A LIFE SAVED

My daughters have a friend whom they regard as their sister. She is 3 years older than my eldest and has always been around them, giving support.

But in recent months she has been sick and losing weight. I suggested she may have tuberculosis and undertook to take her to the hospital. But eventually she was taken by her mother and promptly diagnosed with TB.

The mother did not believe this and would not accept that the snow covering of white on the X-ray was the sign of TB. She gave her daughter herbs and removed the TB medicine I had arranged for her. But the daughter was dropping badly in weight. I quietly arranged for more pills so that she did not miss out in a day.

Twice a week now, I have come to her house with fruit and vegetables, including peanuts for protein. She has lost about 15 kg of muscle which means she needs to absorb at least 15 kg of protein in the form of meat, fruit and vegetables. I have sheets of pills that I keep at my house and am now welcomed by the mother.

Last week, I was sent a text by the young woman thanking me for saving her life. Already last year, Grace died from stopping her medicine. I was not going to let it happen again. Please click:

No comments:

Post a Comment